Mold at homeIf your home has been exposed to a flood and you do not clean up immediately, there are high chances that you will end up with mold growth. Mold thrives in damp spots, and exposure to this can cause health problems.

Twenty-four hours after water damage,moldcan start growing.It is therefore advisable to act as fast as you can to secure your property. If you cannot do it alone, call in professionals who can help inmolddamage restoration, such as the AAA Restoration in Salt Lake City.

Here are some tips to preventmoldgrowth outbreak in your home.

Ensure your home’s safety.

Before anything else, inspect your home first and makesure it is safe. Turn the power off to avoid electric shock, and wear safety gear before you go inside.Remove all items that were not affected by the flood to make the cleaning process easier.

Remove the water.

Extract as much floodwater as you can from the slabs, crawlspaces, basements, heating systems and any other place where water might be sitting. Use a wet vacuum or pump to remove the water, and shovel out the remaining sand or silt using a hose. Remove any other debris that might have come with the flood.

Dry it out.

Mold spores prefer moist environments. It is, therefore, crucial to dry all affected areas as soon as you can. Use equipment such as fans, heaters, and dehumidifiers for a faster drying process. Ensure your home is safe before using any electrical equipment. You can also open the windows for proper ventilation if the outside air is not excessively humid.

READ  Start to Finish: Lawn Care Maintenance Throughout Summer

Water damage can be devastating. If only you can manage to keep your homemold-free, then you can prevent any further damage to your propertyand keep your whole family safe.